Monday, July 19, 2010

Friends are PRICELESS




This wonderful note wasn't writting by me. It was written by a very good friend of mine who's taught me--or helped me see--changes and improvements I can make in becoming a better friend.

"I discovered a new constant in life. Every time I try to do better and work harder at doing what is right, there are 2 forces in play. There is the encouraging force that makes me feel happy for what I have done and what I am actively doing to become the best that I can be. Then there is that discouraging force that just bombards me with the what if's and why not's that are not good for me in the least bit. Tonight discouragement came in the form of loneliness, an old companion of mine. I am so grateful for a friend who saw this and came to my rescue. :) There is no better force for encouragement than a good friend. I am working on doing something to get me where i need to be in life, and find all of the evil's of "pandora's box" coming at me. So when i get that one last bit of hope or encouragement there is no greater feeling in the world.

I have also discovered that I can't make somebody be my friend, I can't make people like me, and i can't make everybody happy all of the time. However, I can like other people for who they are no matter what. I can be a friend to everybody, through encouragement, service, love, and even a smile. Most of all I can choose to be happy all of the time no matter what. So for whoever might read this let me encourage you to seek out those who might need a lift, who might be alone, or lack a smile. Lift them, be a friend, give them a reason to smile. You never know what kind of a difference it might make in their life. It could be the one last thing that will help push them into a positive direction. It might bring them to do a 180 from the negative direction they were heading. Everybody has had a hard time in their life, whether they felt alone, bombarded with pressure pushing them in a direction they didn't want to go, suffering from loss, or just lacking direction. Be a source for good and bring all to come unto Christ.

Life is a war and every day a battle. A battle for the souls of men, women, and children. It is time we all pick our side and get into the action. Nobody can win alone. It is time that we put forth more effort than we are. "
~Brett

Mosiah 2:17; "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your cfellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

No comments:

Post a Comment